Tuesday, October 8, 2013

CAL lessons learned

Well, here's the whole family.  I can just tell that the little one is going to be a handful - look at the mischief in that expression!



Since this was my first Crochet Along (CAL) I'd like to share what I've learned from the experience.

1.  I liked the sense of team membership, working with other crocheters to create a common product.

2.  I looked forward to the regularly scheduled posting of the current week's pattern steps.

3.  I enjoyed the creative freedom of choosing colors for my creations based on the instructions given and seeing the interesting combinations that other crafters had chosen.

4.  I learned that I do not like embroidery.  At all.

5.  I realized that if I'm not enjoying a project I should just move on to something more satisfying as opposed to trudging through it just to get it done.  There are too many other options available to spend time on a project that doesn't make me happy.

Having said that, I think the pattern was expertly written and easy to follow.  I loved the whole CAL concept and plan to continue joining these creative bandwagons.  I just will not embroider to add embellishment, but perhaps use variegated yarn or cute buttons, etc.  Time to move on....

No comments:

Post a Comment