Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Mona Lisa


After yet another extended absence from the blogosphere, I just had to return to post about my latest creation.  This is the "Chiffon Cake with Fruit Topping Tissue Box Cozy" that I just completed making.  I absolutely love it.  The colors of the fruit just seem to jump out off of the "cake".  Vibrant red for the strawberries with their kelly green tops, navy blueberries, and gorgeous kiwis with white centers and black seed detailing.



I knew that I would have to create this masterpiece after seeing it listed on the Michael's website.  It's designed by the incredibly talented and creative Twinkie Chan who is a crochet inspiration for me.  Broken down into bursts of crafting time, it took 11-1/2 hours total to make and assemble.  That is definitely the longest I've spent on any one project! However, this is due to the wonderful detail of the individual pieces that combine to create this cozy.  There are 6 of each type of fruit and seperate layers of "piped frosting" trimming the top and bottom.


Missy relaxing in the shade

No comments:

Post a Comment